Sunday, July 26, 2009

2nd half Miracle?

I know I stated in my previous post that please don't take me seriously if I am talking about one of my teams. However, in this case I might have to make an exception. The Mets salvaged a 4 and 6 road trip today by taking 2 out of 3 from the Astros. Yes it was Brian Moehler pitching so they were going to score some runs. However, I do like what I am seeing from Angel Pagan and Luis Castillo of all people. Jeff Francoeur has finally taken the 1st pitch and the results show with the RBI's he's gotten over the weekend. They maybe 7.5 games out of the wildcard with 7 teams in front of them but there are stiil 2 months to be played. And with the 2nd easiest schedule in the 2nd half as well as some of their players coming back I was thinking of how a miracle can happen the rest of this summer. Three things must happen if they are to make the miracle happen:

1)They turn Citi-Field into a fortess:
A winning percentage of .700 is required at home the rest of the way. They have to take advantage of this schedule and win a lot of games, especially at home.
2) Reyes and Beltran have to return and produce:
Their line-up could look something like: Reyes, Castillo, Wright, Beltran, Francoeur, Murphy, Pagan, Santos. The Outfield will finally look like a decent one with defensively and offensively.
3) The teams ahead of them come back to the pack:
Rockies have been high for sometime now, hope they hold back. Giants lack of offense catches up to them. Brewers just collapse, Astros get old, and the teams in their division they have to beat.

If these three things happen come the last week of the season they won't be the ones in the position to choke, but have history repeat itself on the 40th Anniversary of their 1st title.

No comments:

Post a Comment